Sequel Youth & Family Services is closely monitoring developments around COVID-19 (coronavirus). Click here for more information and resources.
Charles Britt Academy is a non-secure facility that provides specialized treatment to 28 adolescent males that have been committed to the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice. Charles Britt Academy is dedicated to excellence in providing substance abuse and mental health treatment to males between the ages of 14-18. The program prides itself on the use of evidence-based programming and behavior management that is reflective of the most current research. Charles Britt Academy excels in developing young men into productive individuals through the focus on family, morals, values, and healthy living. Through the course of six to nine months, young men at Charles Britt Academy will receive specialized treatment for an array of behavior problems, mental health and substance abuse services, educational and vocational services, and comprehensive transitional and discharge planning. Our mission is to maintain safety in the community through effective holistic treatment of the youth. This is achieved through the use of a positive peer culture that fosters respect, individuality, and enhances the strengths of each young man that it serves.
Programs & Services Offered
- Residential treatment for delinquent boys
- Mental Health and substance abuse over lay service
- Group, Individual and Family Counseling Services
- Educational Services
- Vocational Planning
- Transitional and Discharge Services
- Evidenced Based programming
PROFILE of Clients Served
The youth served by Charles Britt Academy are typically youth with high-risk behavioral problems. They struggle with behavioral issues, anger management, and positive coping skills to handle stress. Charles Britt Academy provides them with evidenced based services, programming, and behavior management that assists them in developing into responsible young men before returning to the community.
- Males, age 14-18 years old
- Is impulsive/irresponsible
- Substance Abuse issues
- Denies and/or justifies negative behavior
- Has problems with anger and aggression
- Demonstrates a low degree of empathy
- Lacks self-discipline
- Exhibits poor coping skills
- Is non-compliant with authority
- Is amenable to a normative culture